Over fifteen years experience designing hardware and firmware solutions for embedded systems and high speed digital applications. Product portolio includes 2.4 GHz wireless remote I/O devices, headend equipment for cable and telco providers, devices for the consumer market, and medical devices. Extensive knowledge in 8, 16, and 32-bit microcontroller and microprocessor designs. Project capabilities include quick prototype designs for proof-of-concept, to cost sensitive designs for high volume productions. Experience working on projects from requirements capture phase through factory introduction and mass production.
• Analyze product requirements and design hardware architecture.
• Conduct schematic capture and specify high speed PCB layout requirements to ensure signal integrity and minimize radiated emissions.
• Perform board bring up and initial hardware / software integration.
• Generate and perform test procedures, ensuring product specification compliance.
• Perform regulatory testing per FCC and Telcordia specifications, identifying and incorporating design changes necessary to meet emission and immunity requirements.
• Program lab environment test software using Visual Basic.
• Support product factory introduction.
• Hardware design of 8, 16, and 32 bit Microcontrollers and 32 bit Microprocessors.
o Motorola MPC850
o Motorola Power QUICC II 8272 Microprocessor
o Motorola MPC555 Microcontroller
o Cypress PSoC Microcontroller
o PNX1502 Media Processor
o Motorola Coldfire Processor
o 8051 Microcontroller
• Firmware design of 8, 16, and 32 bit Microcontrollers written in Assembly and C and utilizing OSE RTOS
• 2.4GHz wireless design using Cypress CyFi™ devices
• High speed digital design / layout, schematic capture, and simulation
o (Cadence Concept, OrCAD, Allegro, HyperLynx).
• Proficient with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers.
• Experience with a wide range of device interfaces:
– 200MHz DDR
– 10/100/1000 Ethernet
– GMII, MII
– Mini PCI
– Audio/Video Encoders
– IR Communications
– Rechargeable battery controller
• Hardware and Firmware designs:
o Remote Hub Board for 2.4GHz wireless I/O system
o Ethernet Control & Monitor Logic Board for Fiber-to-the-Premise optical amplifier
o Ethernet Control & Monitor Logic Board for Fiber-to-the-Premise Laser transmitter
o Control & Monitor section for cable headend Laser Transmitter
o Control & Monitor section for cable headend Optical Transmitter
o Ethernet CPU board for cable headend platform
o Display (VFD) board for cable headend platform
o Analog Audio Mixer Board
• Hardware designs:
o Media Gateway & Player
o CPU and Backplane for Multiple Dwelling Unit Optical Network Terminal for Fiber-to-the-Premises system
o Backplane board for cable headend platform
o Glucose management system
o Docking station for insulin pump
• Firmware designs:
o Bluetooth remote control and IR Blaster using CSR’s Bluelab
• 6,700,797 – Nested Plug-In Modules
• 6,711,022 – Nested Plug-In Modules
• “Validation of Pulse Compression Techniques for Meteorological Functions”. Coauthors: Nicholas J. Bucci, Henry S. Owen, Chad M. Hawes. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, VOL. 35, No. 3, May 1997